Advanced Virtual COM Port
Advanced Virtual COM Port is a professional serial communications utility, which combines network and local virtual serial port functions into one.
Windows CE and Windows Mobile vesion available! Read more...
It gives you the ability to:
- Create virtual COM ports and connect them with a virtual NULL-modem cable over a LAN or the Internet
- Share your real (physical) serial ports over the LAN and Internet
- Create a pairs of local virtual COM ports connected with a virtual NULL-modem cable
Trial version limitations
- 15 days trial period
- Nag screen at startup
- 2 ports maximum
This utility is usefull for both developers and users that need to use serial port communications.
One of the many uses for Advanced Virtual COM Port is to allow software that only supports COM port communications, to join the Internet community and communicate not only with computers that are close by, but also with ones on the other side of the world! This is accomplished by emulating a null-modem cable over a network.
Another use of Advanced Virtual COM Port is to share any of your serial devices, whether it is a bar code scanner, modem, sensor, oscilloscope, laboratory or industrial instrument, etc. over a LAN or the Internet. There is no need to move this equipment here and there, just connect it to a server computer, create a Shared COM Port, and anyone with installed Advanced Virtual COM Port will be able to use this equipment remotely as if it were connected to his/her computer.
And finally, Advanced Virtual COM Port allows you to create pairs of virtual serial ports locally connected using a virtual NULL-modem cable. There is no need to have real cables or serial ports. This function is designed to speed up developing and debugging of applications. You can debug your software that uses COM ports for communication with hand-held computers, data acquisition equipment, etc. You can even develop your own device emulator and connect it to your software through a pair of virtual COM ports.
- Virtual COM ports appear to the system and applications like real ones
- Virtual COM ports work like real ones
- Hot virtual COM ports creation and removal, without having to reboot your computer
- Once created, virtual ports persist in the system until you remove them
- Works as a service, the ports will function even when no user is logged in
- No need to have physical serial ports (except for physical ports sharing function)
- Higher data transfer rate than on hardware serial ports
- Up to 255 virtual COM ports can be created
- PnP, WMI support
- VMWare compatible
- Flow control emulation support
- Easy port state monitoring
- Ability to temporarily remove all ports without losing their configuration
Administrator privileges required to install or uninstall Advanced Virtual COM Port.
Supported operating systems (both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported):
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 7
- Windows 2008 R2 Server
- Windows 8
- Windows 2012 Server
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 2012 R2 Server